Coach. Author. Creator. Father. Video guy. Home brewer. Leader. Curious person. CSR expert. Employee engagement geek.
I write fiction and poetry for people with a sense of adventure or a sense of humor. I grew up in the quirky rural suburbia of central Connecticut, got a computer engineering degree from UC Berkeley, and had a great career of various day jobs.
I used to play soccer, I sometimes brew beer, and when I do crossword puzzles I do them in ink. I have two grown kids who couldn’t be more different but who are two of the coolest people ever. One’s an Eagle Scout triathlete who is on his way to a PhD, and the other’s a trans woman EMT who is an amazing artist, singer, and lyricist.
Some random facts:
- had my name in print in The New Yorker (2nd place cartoon caption 2/2022)
- played in a fife & drum corps as a kid
- still have my D&D books and dice from the early ’80s
- worked on the first stealth bomber (the B-2), the first PDA (the Casio Z-PDA), and the first smart phone (the Nokia 9000)
- ran the nation’s largest employee giving campaign for a decade
- almost got killed as a volunteer school crossing guard
- co-founded two companies that you’ve never heard of
- produced a live-streamed virtual gala
- certified soccer coach (“F” license)
- served as a uniformed scout leader for nearly a decade
- UC Berkeley grad (Go Bears)
- trekked in Nepal, rode a hot air balloon in Portugal, ate sushi in Tokyo, had dinner with Mia Hamm and Julie Foudy in Scottsdale, and shook Elton John’s hand in Hollywood
- became familiar with 5150 protocols visiting my suicidally depressed teen in lock-psych
- appeared on live TV supporting LGBTQ kids in a counter-protest